Monday, January 20, 2014

you can't take me anywhere


You can't take me anywhere...

I rarely move away from the same products, but I have been exploring the depths of the beauty counters (and the occasional TJ Maxx trip) to satisfy some beauty discovery urges.

{click product names for links}

tarte colored clay CC primer in "Fair" - The one step product for the beginnings of a flawless base, or, if you're lucky, primer and base all in one. I've used this product for a few days now after finding it as a new product at the tarte counter of my local Ulta. With a creamy, matte texture, this product covers excess redness and dullness from the winter weather. Albeit it has to be blended out considerably for my pale skin, but the end result? Totally worth it. {full review coming soon}

Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in "Romantic" - After searching for the perfect red lip without too much pigmentation, I stumbled across this balm stain from Revlon at the drugstore. The scent is reminiscent of candy canes and menthol, but it's far from being offensive. More importantly, the color output, like most other Revlon lip products, is stunning. With a light hand, this stick can be a sheer, candy apple red, but if applied a little more liberally, can be the perfect red lipstick to appear pulled together--even if that's far from reality. The staying power is also incredible. When applied, it takes on a glossy sheen, but as it wears off, the red pigments stay behind, leaving you with slightly stained lips that don't require any reapplications unless you choose.

Thakoon for Nars Nail Polish in "Ratin Jot" - I found this little gem from the Thakoon and Nars collaboration from Summer 2012 at my TJ Maxx for about half of its $19 retail price. Nars describes this color as "orchid", and I'd have to agree. The perfect magenta shade when you're busy wishing for warm breezes and sunny skies, and the staying power is more than worthy. On my chip-happy fingernails, this polish stayed for about four to five days with just a little tip wear.

tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in "Blissful" - A constant favorite for me, this tarte blusher isn't a shade I haven't seen too many people review, but it's my absolute favorite from the Amazonian clay 12-hour blush range. Although very peachy in the pan, this color is perfect for all times of the year, even when the complexion is a little lackluster from being constantly whipped with cold wind. The initial swish is a little sheer, but this color builds up to the perfect flushed glow for both day and night.

Although not necessarily the perfect day to day beauty application, these products have definitely seen some love from me from the last year and into this year. Just make sure to keep me away from the beauty counters... I'm always bound to find something I don't need. 


No comments:

Post a Comment