Sunday, February 16, 2014

spring forward


After my wonderful experience with Nars “Ratin Jot” nail lacquer last month {reviewed here}, and an unquenched thirst for majorly in-your-face lipstick, I remembered one of my most lusted after lipsticks: Nars Funny Face.  Semi matte and extremely bright, this fuschia lipstick is now one of the first ones that I reach for when making up my face each day. The formula isn’t the most moisturizing, but I don’t find it to be too drying, either. With exfoliated lips, this lipstick smoothed on in about two light-handed coats achieves the perfect bold lip to capture the attention of anyone and everyone that passes you by.

In addition to a hot pink mouth, my floral scarf and chartreuse driving mocs are yet another attempt to encourage balmy, sunny weather from the cold, snowy days that we’ve had just about every week. Bring on the flowers, sunshine, and blue skies. At this point, I’d even welcome my atrocious spring allergies with open arms. I think that it's obvious that I'm tired of shoveling snow.

Both scarf and moccasins are from Isaac Mizrahi’s line for the home shopping television network, QVC. If there’s snow on the ground and I can’t do anything else productive other than sit on the sofa in my pajamas, at least I’m spending my inside time effectively by buying cute shoes and accessories... I’d say that’s pretty productive (even if I do the same thing even when there isn’t snow... oops).  

The yellow driving mocs are quite comfortable, not to mention stylish.  I’ve long been a fan of wearing moccasins, but these just feel a tad bit more grown up than the usual fringed counterparts. Listed as chartreuse on the website, I’d say these would be better described as a true mustard color. Perfect for pairing with crops and a light jacket when spring comes. The peony blossom scarf  in Begonia Pink, on the other hand is nice and soft—perfect for tucking into a jacket for a nice splash of floral right next to your face. Dreamy. Although both pieces are distinctly “spring”, that hasn’t stopped me from stepping out with my floral scarf bundled around my neck as I wander around in my winter coat. 

Even with the piles of snow as far as the eye can see, I can’t help but feel smug. A little snow never stopped anybody, and it certainly won’t stop me from being the brightest and springiest girl in the neighborhood, that’s for sure. 

1 comment:

  1. I am dreaming of spring now as well! Lovely photos which make me want it to hurry on even quicker :)

    http://www.farfelue.com/

    ReplyDelete